Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Angwin


Dear Families and Friends,

We have had a super first week back! The children have loved sharing holiday adventures and sharing all the learning that has been happening here during the holidays too! Some of the children have started to record their ideas in their own books…

This week we have started investigations into reading, in preparation for our celebrations for Book Week in the middle of the term.

We have been asking the children what they think reading is all about. Here are some of their ideas….

 Chloe: Reading is looking at the words, then saying them on all the pages

Ashton: I have a Minecraft book. We read the words and I look at the pictures. It helps me. Mummy reads the words to me.

Audrey: Reading is about hearing stories. Mummy reads to me each night. We take it in turns to read and turn the pages.

Ryan: I look at the words from the beginning and read every single one on the page. Then I look at the pictures.

Oliver: I use my mouth when I am reading. I look at the pictures with my eyes. I hear the words that my mum and dad read with my ears.

Daniel B: I start reading at the front o the book. I can read my own stories too!

Jason: First I look at the back then I look at the front for clues. Then I look for lots of clues onside when I see the pictures and the words.

We are looking forward to sharing our ideas with you as the term unfolds.

Kind Regards,

Pip and Coney