Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mattingley

Dear Mattingley Families and friends,

Firstly we would like to say a big thank you to all our Mummies who were able to make it to our Princesses Tea Party Thursday morning. We hope you all had a wonderful time, and were made to feel special. It is wonderful being able to come together to celebrate the special people in our lives. 

I love my Mummy so so so much- Ari

I love Mummy coz I do. Mummy put me t bed and give me kiss- Phoebe

I do love her  because I do. She is my best friends- William

Earlier this week the children began to experiment with colours. We spoke about primary colours and how we can mix them together to make other colours. Together we made red, yellow and blue play dough and began to experiment by mixing small amounts of the play dough together. As they worked the children shared what they observed and what they already knew. It was lovely watching them work together to make new and exciting colours. We look forward to continuing this exploration over the next few weeks. 


What are the primary colours?- Mrs Mason

Red, yellow and blue- Kaeshav

Look I made orange and green- Emma

I make Orange. I mix red and yellow- Sarina

I got blue and yellow. I need to mix it more to make green-  Clem

I make a rainbow- Angus

We have also started to explore bubbles in the outdoor learning environment after Harry shared his interest in bubbles with us. At first some children found it a little tricky to be able to blow the bubbles. They had to practice on blowing very carefully so they didn't pop. With a little bit of practice, persistence and the right bubble mix most children were able to have success. Rocco was even able to catch a bubble on his wand so we could have a closer look. I wonder if we can make big bubbles next week?

We hope all our Mummies have a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday, and are made to feel very special. If you would like to email us a photo of you celebrating with your family we would love to share them in our Mother's Day gallery. 

Kimberley and Liana