Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, February 17, 2017

All About Us


HEAD OF ELC - YEAR 6/DEPUTY HEADMASTER


My name is Neil Andary. I have worked at Prince Alfred College since 2004. As the Head of the Preparatory School and the Early Learning Centre I think I have the best job in the College. I get to work with wonderful staff who really enjoy helping children learn and grow. I am passionate about education. Entering the work force as a mature age teacher, I choose to make everyday a positive one.  I believe in having a positive attitude and I hope this is picked up by the children as I interact with them. Our Early Learning Centre is a special place filled with great opportunity.  I love spending time reading to and speaking with the children. 

FRONT OFFICE

                                         


My name is Melanie Garland and I have the pleasure of directing the PAC Early Learning Centre, and have done since July, 2014. I hold a Bachelor of Teaching in Early Childhood Education and there's nothing I love more than coming to work each and every day to see all of the children, their bright beaming faces and their love of learning. No two days are ever the same! I have three children of my own: Jayden (21), Ruby (18) and Seth (15) and I recently married Mark, my charming Englishman! We live in the hills and do lots of walking (to the cafe for breakfast!) and on Thursdays nights I get fit by doing pole dancing!! 


Hello,
My Name is Mandy Hooper, but I am known to the children as Ms Mandy. I am the Administrative Assistant for the Early Learning Centre. My background has always been in legal until I had my children, Thomas now turning 13 and Alicia turning 9. I developed a passion for the Early Years after my children were born. I didn’t realise how important Early Learning was until my children attended ELC and then junior primary. My son is now in middle school and is a well rounded and happy kid (nearly teenager :)) and I know his early development contributed to this. Just a quick mention about my hubby Michael, he is supportive and loves to have fun. We all love to travel and spend time together.

I am so happy and proud to be part of this team and the Centre.  I absolutely love the children, their innocence and the way they see the world. It really does make you feel humble!Thank you for your support and friendship!

WILKINS TEAM

My name is Melissa Camporeale.  I have had worked with the 3 year old group as support staff for over 2 years. I am joining the Wilkins room this year and   I am very happy to be working in this team. I am enjoying working with children and am passionate about guiding children's personal development. I enjoy going to the gym and out to the movies with my family.

Hi, I'm Miss EllenThis is my third year in the Wilkins room as a Co-Educator and seventh year in the sector. I live with my mummy Vicki, and one of my big brothers Harry, although we have a very big Greek family. I spend a lot of my time with my grandma, Tess, who enjoys cooking and being in her garden. You will always catch me with a smile on my face or laughing. I look forward to seeing you around the Centre. 

Hi, my name is Jess Catt and I hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood degree and have worked at PAC in the Early Learning Centre since 2010. My passion is with our littlest people, the two year olds and I have my very own two year old, Ruby, who keeps me on my toes! I loves gardening and being outdoors with my family.

Hello,
My name is Courtenay Warren, I am  a co-educator in the Wilkins Room. I have lived in the Riverland (Swan Reach) with my Mum and Dad, and moved to Adelaide three years ago to follow my dream of becoming an educator. I took the role of educational leader in a centre in Woodville where I stayed for two years. I started working at Prince Alfred College ELC six months ago in the Wilkins Room. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Early Childhood with Swinburne University. I absolutely love sport, I race motorcross and have since I was a young girl. I own two beautiful horses which I show, and I also play netball at Murray Bridge. I look forward to getting to know you all more and sparing your child's experiences with you. 



LANGLEY TEAM

Hi I'm Tayla Gordon,
I'll be working full time in the Langley room. I completed my certificate 3 in Geelong where I have moved back to Adelaide where I am originally from. I look forward to working with you and your children over this year. 

Hi my name is Sharon Brockand I am very excited to be a part of the Langley Room. I have an Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care and started in 2008 at Mawson Lakes Childcare, before beginning at P.A.C in 2016. I have been enjoying meeting the new children, parents and grandparents so far this year. 

Hello my name is Amelia Murdy. This year I will be sharing the teaching role in the Langley room alongside Kathy Kupke. I have previously taught at Immanuel College Early Learning Centre before going on maternity leave to have our beautiful son Jamison, who has just turned 2. I am very excited about my new role and look forward to forming relationships with both yourselves and your children. 

Hello !! My name is Kathy Kupke. I will be working in the Langley room as a teacher on Mondays and Tuesdays. I am very excited about this year. I may be new to the ELC but I have worked up in the Preparatory school for the last 7 years in the Reception and Year 1 classrooms.  I am returning from maternity leave as I had my son Cooper in December of 2015. I look forward to meeting you all and having a fantastic year together. 

Hi my name is Georgia Lyng, I'll be a full time co-educator in the Langley classroom throughout 2017. I have my Diploma of Early Childhood Education. I have worked at Prince Alfred College ELC for almost 2 years, during this time I have worked in the Wilkins and Langley classrooms. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of the new families this year.



MEAD TEAM


Hi, I'm Melissa Prest -  I have been a teacher at PAC ELC since 2014.  I  have 3 children, a husband, a dog, a cat and a pub!  When I am not teaching I can sometimes be found in Robe or being a taxi driver for my children!

Hi my name is Georgia Boler, this is my first year at Prince Alfred College ELC and I am very excited for the year ahead in the Mead Room, working alongside Mrs Prest. I hold a diploma in Early Childhood Education and this will be my 6th year working in the sector. Outside of work I love going to the gym and I enjoy spending weekends at the beach or the river with friends and family.  

COOPER TEAM

                                         



Hi, my name is Maddie Gilbert and I am the teacher in the Cooper room which is 3 - 4 year old mid-year classroom. I finished a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education from the University of South Australia at the Magill Campus in 2014. When I am not in the classroom with the children I enjoy playing social netball at Ironbank netball club and spending as much time as I can at the beach. I have also recently become an Aunty to a beautiful girl called Grace. 


Hello! My name is Chris Richards and I am excited to have commenced employment as a co-educator in the Cooper Room with Prince Alfred College Early Learning Centre. I am currently studying my Bachelor in Early Childhood and Primary Education with the University of New England. I was previously employed as the Educational Leader of an Early Learning Centre in Old Reynella; within this role I oversaw the education of 65 children on a daily basis. I have lived in the southern suburbs of Adelaide my entire life. I recently married my beautiful wife, Amy, and we are in the process of building our first home together in Moana. When we are free from work and study, we love to get out and explore the world around us; we particularly enjoy camping, snorkelling, hiking, paddle boarding, and kayaking. I look forward to meeting you soon as we partner together in providing excellent education and care for your children.


MATTINGLEY TEAM



Hi my name is Kimberley Mason and I am the teacher in the Mattingley classroom for 2017. I graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Education, Early childhood from University of South Australia. This is my fourth year teaching at Prince Alfred Early Learning Centre and I have enjoyed every moment.  My parents always knew that I was going to be a teacher from a young age, as I invited all my neighbourhood friends to my cubby house classroom on the weekends, and here I am. When I am not in the classroom you can find me at the beach with my husband Shaun taking our puppy Iggy for a walk, or in the sunshine reading a good book. I look forward to the adventures that 2017 will bring. 


My name is Liana Baldasso, I am the co-educator in the Mattingley Room and this is my first year at Prince Alfred College ELC. I have been in the Early Learning Sector for almost seven years and my passion is to educate and watch children grow and develop. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and relaxing at the beach.  


EDGERLEY TEAM

Hi, I'm Mel Bishop and I am the teacher in the Edgerley room, team teaching with Emma McKenzie. I have been at the College for twelve years and during that time I have always taught in Early Years as well as time spent as Kindergarten Director, Educational Leader and a Year Five cricket coach. I love to travel with my husband and daughter and am an avid photographer. I am passionate about the importance of the best start in Early Years and feels privileged to work with the children who are part of myclassroom.

I'm Emma McKenzie - teacher in the Edgerley Room and Wellbeing Facilitator in the ELC. I hold teaching, special education and counselling degrees and have been teaching at PAC for about 10 years now. Prior to this I taught in England, Germany, Vietnam and Melbourne. My family and I lived overseas for 12 years in Vietnam, Mexico, Germany, the Philippines and England and returned to live in Australia in 2007. Needless to say, we love to travel and explore new cultures! I have three boys, Hamish (17), William (15) and Sam (13), who all attend Prince Alfred College and love it. My husband, Charlie, is the managing director/owner of 'Cotter Projects', a residential and commercial building company. My interests and greatest loves include my family and friends, travel, art, music, reading, psychology and cooking. I feel privileged to be working with the young minds and personalities within the ELC classrooms and am passionate about promoting self-belief and resilience in children.

Hi I'm Cris Caratozzolo and the children call me Miss C. I have been working at Prince Alfred College ELC for just over 5 years and I am currently in the Edgerley class. I have a love for music, festivals, the sun and sea, beach walks, yoga and Pilates. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing in your children's learning. 
CHAPPLE TEAM





Hi,my name is Louise Wegener and I am an Early Childhood teacher currently team teaching with Mr Charlwood, Ms Elodie and Mrs Kaur in Chapple on Fridays. I also do relief work and support children here at PAC ELC and for the S.A Education Department. I have taught in various educational settings in Australia and overseas in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, and have had different roles,ranging from teacher, team leader, facilitator and Director. I am from Adelaide and studied at Magill University where I gained my Bachelor of Education and my first teaching position was in Port Augusta as a kindergarten teacher. I enjoy and appreciate having the opportunity to work with you and your children and the pleasure of watching them progress and develop along their journey of life.

Hi, I'm Martin Charlwood and I teach in the four year old Chapple Room. I have worked in the ELC for the last three years and before that in the Preparatory  School. I really enjoy working in the ELC as not many jobs have the opportunity to work with children and chickens!

Hi, I'm Elodie Morvan and I hold a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and currently in the process of completing my Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management.
I have been working within the education sector for 5 years as an educator. I was born in Australia but have a French background, - all of my relatives are living in France except my immediate family. During my spare time I do boxing for fitness and enjoy walking down the beach. 


Hi,

My name is Satinderjit Kaur, I am working in PAC ELC from last 2 years. I have my husband and a lovely 6 year old daughter in my family. I was a primary teacher back in India. My qualifications are Masters of Philosophy in Pteridophytes, Masters in Botany, Bachelors of Science, Bachelors of Education, Diploma in Early Childhood Education.  I am very excited to make the ELC a great place for children to feel comfortable and learn. Working with young children inspires and thrills me. I have a passion for caring for and teaching young children new things and seeing the thrill and excitement on their faces. 

ANGWIN TEAM



Hi, I'm Coney Rocca, I am 34 and married to Tony and a mother to a fur baby we call Flexy. I have been with PAC ELC for almost 5 years and have been working in the early years since 2008 after moving from the Philippines where I worked as a High School Guidance Counsellor and English language teacher for Korean students. I am a graduating student at Swinburne University of Technology taking a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education and Care. My passion includes cooking, gardening, music, learning space design, play -based learning engagements and nature oriented explorations.

My name is Pip Cooper. This year I will be continuing to work in the Angwin Room with our 4 yr old class this year. I have been at PAC for 18 years, teaching in a range of roles up in the Prep School and in the ELC. I am also the Educational Leader for our ELC, helping teachers with curriculum and their professional learning. It is so exciting to watch our children grow and change over their learning journey at PAC. It delights me to have big boys come back to visit me when they finish Year 12! I am passionate about learning and the way young children learn through play. I especially love nature play opportunities that we can offer our children. I am married to Peter and we have 3 of our own boys, who attend PAC too. Our twins William and Tom are in Yr 5 and James is in Yr 1. We live in the Hills in an old school house and love gardening, exploring, going on walks with our dogs and spending time with our family and friends. 

AFTERNOON EDUCATION TEAM

Hello families,
Kerry Rowbotham is my name  - the children call me Miss Kerry. I've been at Prince Alfred College for 8 years now. I started in 2009 in the OSHC and in 2010 moved to the new ELC. I've had the pleasure of being a part of many children's educational journey's . I'm married and the mother of a 24 yr old daughter and very proud Nana to Ivy-Rose who is almost 5. I'm in a rock band with my husband Dion - we write and perform original material. I'm currently studying part time 2 and 3 concept art. I love to travel overseas and especially the United States where i enjoy trail walking, mountain climbing and of course seeing bands and eating amazing food. I look forward to catching up with you all and share in your child's care and learning. 

Hello everyone, 
My name is Lucy-Anne Perkins, I've been lucky to work in the Early Learning Centre at PAC for just over a year now. I've grown up in a small country town and made the move to Adelaide when I was in year 9 and attended Immanuel College. After finishing year 12 I completed a Bachelor of Early Childhood. 
When I'm not working I enjoy spending time with friends and family, going to the beach and exercising. 

Hi,
My name is Satinderjit Kaur, I am working in PAC ELC from last 2 years. I have my husband and a lovely 6 year old daughter in my family. I was a primary teacher back in India. My qualifications are Masters of Philosophy in Pteridophytes, Masters in Botany, Bachelors of Science, Bachelors of Education, Diploma in Early Childhood Education.  I am very excited to make the ELC a great place for children to feel comfortable and learn. Working with young children inspires and thrills me. I have a passion for caring for and teaching young children new things and seeing the thrill and excitement on their faces. 

Hi I'm Kendall Keith. I have been at the ELC since 2014 and am currently studying my Diploma in Children's Services. I have two sons - Hudson and Cormack and am married to Andrew. In my spare time I enjoy cooking and reading.  I am enjoying my new role in the Afternoon Education Team. I look forward to meeting you all. 

Hi PAC families, 
My name is Jennifer Skuce and I have been at PAC for the past 12 months. I am now a permanent part of the Afternoon Education Program to assist with the communications of children’s day with their families. I relieve in all rooms throughout my day, however Langley has always been and still is my base. I look forward to my new role. 


KITCHEN



Hi, I'm Silvia Alvarez and I am the Catering Assistant in the ELC. I come from Guatemala and have 5 children and 4 grandchildren - with one on the way! I enjoy shopping at the food markets, cooking and eating wonderful food, drinking great coffee and going to festivals and dancing. 

Hi, I'm Kim Mullarvey and I am the ELC Chef. I love to travel and have been around the world and lived in every state in Australia except for WA. I started professional cookery only 6 years ago. It is my passion to create new recipes and learn all styles of cooking. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family, friends and two fur babies.