Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Introducing Jennifer

To families of PAC,

My name is Jennifer and I am a relief staff member in the 2 year old room. I thought I would share something about myself, as I will be helping to care for your children over the next few months.

I began my journey with children about 10 years ago from when I attended a Wholistic Psychology Course. I gained knowledge of how our psychology is shaped based on our genetics, upbringing, environment and the people we meet and how we express that as individuals.

I wanted to use the knowledge I was gaining to help parent and child relationships and, after 18 months of study, I was employed at a Montessori centre working with 3 to 5 year olds. I gained my Diploma of Children’s Services and went into Practitioner work to understand more about how our subconscious programming affected us. I worked mainly with mums and young children for a few years with positive results. I moved throughout my centre working with younger age groups in long day care and saw more differences in children than the original structured environment I began with. I also noticed a broad range of health issues in children in the way of allergies as well as developmental issues and so I began to research more in this area to learn about how different factors can impact that.

I look forward to getting to know the families and am enjoying being involved with play based learning with all the children here.


Jennifer.