Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Angwin

Dear Families and friends,

We have had a terrific week in Angwin celebrating Chinese New Year, Shrove Tuesday and Valentine’s Day! Here is a snippet of conversation we shared about the Lion Dance on Monday…

Erin: People were underneath the lions!
Poppy: We could see their feet and their school shorts.
Teddy: It was too noisy… there was a drum.
Poppy: There were cymbals
Harry H: I was scared because I don’t like drums
Denver: I liked the dragon and I sat with Regan.
Erin: I had a Chinese dress…there was a peacock ….. I gave the dragon a red envelope for Chinese New Year.
Teddy: It’s the Monkey Year!
Poppy: Wenting brought in special things for us!
Amelia: I was scared because the dragon had real eyes but I now I know it wasn’t real.
Miss B: The head was a mask
Erin: I could see their faces inside.
Miss B: What did the dragons do?
Poppy: They wiggled and touched each other.
Miss B: The boys made the dragons jump up and down.
Teddy: At the end I got to touch them… it stopped and it wasn’t loud then.
William: It was going to eat me! It was right up to my face. The red dragon was up to me and the yellow one was up to Oscar!
Denver: They were my Mummy’s big boys.
William: They weren’t real dragons…

We are going to do some more exploring with our class about real and not real to help unpack some of these ideas further.

The children have enjoyed water play outside, cooking heart biscuits, seeing the Monster truck on Thursday and working on many ways of using our words to solve problems and to work cooperatively with our friends.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Pip and Coral