Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, December 1, 2017

Mead

Dear Mead Room families and friends,

What an exciting week!

We have spent the past few weeks practicing our Nativity songs and finally the day arrived! We met in the class room and walked up together to Anzac Hall, we were so excited that we sang our Nativity songs on the way! Once we arrived in Anzac Hall we could hear the Langley and Wilkins friends singing beautifully and we could hardly contain our excitement. We waited for what seemed like an eternity for it to be our turn, and suddenly, it was!

We filed onto the huge stage, some of us looked for our Mum, Dad and close family but the lights were very bright in our eyes.  We waved and found our loved ones eventually, and then the performance began.
We sang and sang…. and sang some more. We did it! But it was over too soon. There was very loud clapping from the audience!
Some children wanted to perform again on the stage the following day. We will have to book another performance!
We asked the children what they most enjoyed about our morning;

Hamish – I liked all the parents watching me on the stage.
Houyi – I like singing to my Mum.
Ronnie – The singing was the best.
Max – I liked seeing my Mummy.
Christian V – Seeing my Mummy, my Daddy and my Grandpa.
Owen – I like to be on stage.
Elsie – Singing for Daddy.
Zara – Seeing my Mummy and Daddy.
Lucius – Singing for Mum and Dad.
Anwen – I liked to sing.
Rupert – Singing.
Jack – I liked to sing.
Tom – Singing to my Mum and my Dad and my sister and my brother.
Harry – Seeing my Mum, my Granny and Grandpa.
Cody – Seeing my Granny and my Mummy.
Isla D-G – I liked singing ‘Born in a Stable.’
Poppy – I liked singing.
Zahli – I like to sing ‘Christmas Where the Gum Trees Grow.’
Vivienne – I liked singing a song for my Mummy and Daddy.
Teddy – I liked singing ‘Father Christmas got stuck up the Chimney.’

We had a few transition visits to Mr Charlwood’s class and investigated the Chapple Room thoroughly!

Take care of each other,
Melissa and Georgia