Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Angwin

Dear Angwin Families and friends,

What a big week in the Angwin Room to finish off a wonderful term full of exciting and intriguing inquiries! The children have continued their incredible construction, creating multi-level worlds, complete with ramps, towers, roads and buildings. The making table has continued to be a place where fascinating designs have emerged… space stations, cockle trains, and even airforce jets. We have enjoyed several walks around the College, enjoying the mild sunny weather.

The highlight of the week would have to be International Mud Day on Thursday. It was an experience that will be etched in our minds for a long time to come! Here are some of the children’s comments about the fun they enjoyed..

Chloe - It was the best day ever! I cooked mud pies!
Lochlann - I got mud on both my sleeves. My white top got mud on it.
Oscar - I put mud on my face, on my hair, on my clothes and then I even rolled in it!
Daniel B - I had fun. I put mud on my hair, on my cheeks, all over my tummy and all over my clothes. I had to be washed off with a hose.
Audrey - I had mud on my hands and my jumper. I made lots of mud pies!
Alina - My boots got a little bit muddy. We jumped in muddy puddles.
Jason - I didn’t get dirty. I didn’t want to jump in muddy puddles!
Lachlan - I put MUD on my face. It was all over my body! I had so much fun!

Children will be bringing home their reports in envelopes, in their portfolios today. We hope you thoroughly enjoy this opportunity to share the rich learning your child has experienced. Please return your child’s portfolio at the start of next term.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday time for those taking a break and just a reminder that Mrs Rocca will be joined by Miss Jen as the children enjoy the Winter holiday programme for the next three weeks.

Kind regards,

Pip and Coney