Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Mead

Dear Mead Room families and friends,

Mead Room were on the move this week!

We traversed the path to the ‘big school’ and went to Anzac Hall for Nativity practice.

Then we went on a ‘Positional’ PAC Quest (aka numeracy in action!!) The beginning of our adventure….. we went behind the main building along the verandah and spent some time watching the construction vehicles working below us.  A sidestep between two buildings and down the stairs of the Memorial Building, then we turned left, then right and we found ourselves almost under the Library. Soon we walked beside the Art and Technology Centre, a quick pitstop in the secret garden between the Science Centre and the Gerard Innovation Centre.  Then we meandered along the path next to the Red Centre, then over the paving and through the gates to the Tennis courts.  We went for a run with the Cooper Room friends around the tennis nets and found ourselves almost back at the ELC.  Not much further! We had to stop near the car park to cross the road and walked inside the ELC, just in time for lunch!!

Our Nativity performance on Thursday was incredible.  The children explained the highlights as they saw them;
Cooper – I like the singing
Ethan – I liked Mummy coming
Haris –  I liked my Mummy and Daddy watching
James – Mummy coming!
Liliana – I liked my family watching
Mikayla – I did like Mummy and Daddy watching
Zed – I liked singing for Mummy
Yifan – Singing
Sam – I like when my Mummy was looking at me
Leo D – Singing and dancing
Jack – I likeded the Christmas songs, Father Christmas got stuck up the Chimley and the other one…. the one where we sang about the bottom of our hearts.  I liked Tommy’s show, and he sang Innkeeper and he sang Bumping up and down on a Camel, and Merry Christmas.
Alex – I like the singing
Jaden – I liked the ice blocks and the big Christmas Tree
Alana – the icy poles
Danica – the iceblocks
Oliwer – I liked the icy pole
Paige – the icy poles
Sienna – Yes me too! I liked the icy poles the best
Tom T – I liked the icy poles and Mummy and Daddy coming.
Hudson – Mummy and Daddy


Enjoy your weekend!

From Melissa, Elodie and Sharon