Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Cooper

Dear Cooper families,

What a fantastic job everyone did on Thursday at our Nativity performance! Well done to all the Cooper children who came along on the day and performed for their families and friends.  We were all extremely excited leading up to the day and couldn’t wait to show off the songs we had been practicing all term. Mr Ty and I were very proud of the way that all of the children presented themselves on stage, great work Cooper room!

The Cooper room have been very busy this week creating beautiful gifts for their families in preparation for Christmas. During the week in conjunction with creating our little gifts for our loved ones we spoke about what Christmas means to us, this is what the children said:

Ed – Santas got a bag he gave it me, he hold me (photo).
Linda – I see Santa at a baseball
Aiden – On Christmas day I get my presents
Sebastian A – I saw in a book there was a sleigh. A Father Christmas.
Olivia – I see the Santa this weekend.
Larissa – I saw a plate and a fireman hat for Father Christmas.
Xavier C– Christmas and shopping.
Emillia – Santa gave me a real kitchen not a real one a fake one he also gave me a dolly.
Brian – When I was a baby I was asleep and then I yelled “mummy wake up, its Santa!” Santa flies up with the rain clouds.
Aaron – Christmas is magic. I’m happy.
Alexander – Father Christmas
Sebastian A – Me at the Christmas pageant, I saw some people singing songs then Santa came at the end and I got lollies.

Next week is the last week term 4, which means that on the 12th of December the Summer program will start. During this time, I will not be in the classroom and Mr Ty will be running the program alongside another educator. There are summer holiday attendance sheets displayed on the Cooper room door. On these forms could you please indicate when your child will be attending ELC during this time.

We hope that you have a lovely weekend.
Love Miss Gilbert and Mr Ty