Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Edgerley

Dear Parents,

It's hard to believe the year is drawing to a close and it's just a few weeks till Christmas! The children have continued with their enthusiasm over the celebration of Christmas and have been creating magical Christmas decorations, printing cards and refining their fine motor skills tracing around images using fine needles. This week we sadly farewell five of our Edgerley children who are leaving the ELC and moving to other schools. Goodbye and all the very best of luck to Isla , Harry S, Aidan, Andrew and Joshua N. The staff and children from the Edgerley Room will really miss you.

This week we read a special story called 'What do you wish for?' by Jane Godwin and Anna Walker about the wonder of Christmas, the magic of wishing and the dreams of a child. This story generated some beautiful discussion from the children about their Christmas wishes.

I wish to see Santa's reindeers and ride one - Caterina
I wish for a unicorn that I could ride on - Zara
I wish I could go to Santa's house - Nyanwell
I wish Santa got me a pony for Christmas - Henry
I wish for Archie for Christmas - Angus
I wish for a pet spider raptor - Archie
I wish for Santa's house so I could visit him. But he's at the North Pole so I couldn't go that far - Sebastian
I wish I could ride on Santa's sleigh - Zali
I wish to cuddle Santa - Ellie
I wish for Christmas to always come on all of the days so we can open the presents every day after sleeping - Byron
I wish for a red medal - William L
I wish for Harry as a present, 'cos I love Harry - Nicholas V
I wish I can be a reindeer - Harry

Let's hope some of their wishes come true!

We wish you a merry Christmas and a very relaxing holiday break.

Warmest regards,
Emma, Mel, Cris and Satin