Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Angwin

Dear Parents and Friends,

We have had a great week in the Angwin Room…. With the warmer weather we have been busy transforming our class shop into an icecream shop! The choice of flavours and service is absolutely terrific!

We have been working on preparing the soil for our veggie patch and have started to sow some seeds and seedlings…. Our Angwin raised bed even has a net to protect it from the chooks!

The children spent a recess time up in the JP yard and when we returned to the ELC, we did some 6 hat reflecting about the experience…
White Hat – What happened
Amelia: We went to the spider web playground.
Regan: It was recess time.
Antonio: The big boys were there at the same time as us.

Yellow Hat – Good points
Romesh: I did see my brother Rosh.
Antonio: I saw my brother too.
Tommy: I like going up to that playground.
Ashlynn: I felt a bit scared so I played with my friend Poppy.

Black Hat – Bad points
Charlotte: The big kids were loud.
Regan: I didn’t get to see Mason.
Teddy: I did feel a bit sad but I found my friends Toby and Sebbie.

Red Hat – Feelings
Charlotte: I was ok but there were so many people!
Matilda: I felt a little bit scared and shy ‘cos I didn’t know all the kids.
Seb: I felt good because I’ve been there lots of times before.

Green Hat – Things that could improve to make it better for next time
Jack: When I go to school I will see my cousin Zach a lot.
Austin: I think the oval will be even more fun… cos I like soccer.
Izabella: My new school has tennis courts, an oval and a playground.

Blue Hat – How did we think
Poppy: We went there so we can get used to the big school ‘cos we will go there or a different school next year.

Our Nativity practices are now well underway and we have a few children with key roles… everyone else will be the angelic host of angels… all costumes are supplied including wings and halos!
Please take note of our changed time for our Graduation in Week 8, Friday December 9th @ 11am-12pm… It will be a special time for us to celebrate our time together in the ELC. This will be held in the College Chapel. There will be cake afterwards in the Angwin Room to celebrate!

Request: Please can you let Ms Garland know when your child's last day at the ELC will be, if you have not done so already. mgarland@pac.edu.au  

Kind Regards,

Pip and Coral