Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, June 3, 2016

Mead

Hello Mead families and friends,

Welcome to the Mead room office!

In response to the children enjoying play in the workshop with a variety of old keyboards and laptops; we have set up an office in our own classroom that consists of keyboards, telephones, pens and paper.
The children showed an immediate interest in “going to work” and “working in the office”.
Tom D – “I at work, I calling mum”
Mikayla – “I’m just doing some writing”
Flynn – “Tap, tap; I typing”
James – “I’m at work in my office”
Paige – “I’m busy working, I’m on the phone”
Danica – “I do work here”

As the children have been ‘typing’ on the keyboards, we have heard lots of conversations about the letters that they can see.
Tom D – “It’s a ‘T’ for Tom”
James – “I know ‘P’, ‘P’ for Paige”
Samuel H – “Look it’s ‘S’ for Sam”
Danica – “’D’ for Danica”

To further support these observations, we have added alphabet letter cutters for the children to use will manipulating the play –doh. We will strongly encourage lots of conversations about all the different letters of the alphabet and name recognition.

We hope you have a lovely weekend and we wish Melissa Prest a speedy recovery.

Miss Elodie and Mrs Nacca