Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Angwin

Dear Parents and Friends,

This week we have been continuing our investigations into writing and letters. We have been exploring some simple data collection of our favourite things. As a class we are considering what it means to be a good friend… there have been a few games, especially outside where some children are feeling left out.

Our investigations have led us to observe some You Tube clips of underwater divers.. and then to make some diver’s outfits… and even to build an airport for Sidney and Denver’s incredible plane! Our friend Teddy is off on a plane to Austria and Oliver’s dad is en route to Vancouver in Canada, and Harry H’s dad is on his way to Sydney so we have created our own class airport and have so much to share and discuss!

This week for show and tell, Harrison brought his baby brother George in for us to meet… The children loved having cuddles with Baby George and here are some of their comments…

Harrison: His name is George Arthur Geoffrey Silvy
Denver: How old is he?
Harrison: Six weeks
Teddy: That wasn’t big was it
Denver: I used to have a dummy, I had two no three
Harrison: It keeps them safe and not cry
Oliver: I like the blue dummy
Antonio: I have a dummy at my home
Jack: I know a thing about babies, you put their dummies in to stop them crying
Teddy: I know what babies do they poo
Harrison: I walk away and you (Lucy) change his nappy
Isaac: Do you know once on the way home from Victoria Park I sucked a dummy in my mouth. On the way home from Newland Park I went in the pram coz I was tired.
Harrison: I had a red pram. I hold him and rock him.

We wish Coral all the best for her final teaching prac, starting next week. We will all miss you enormously! Our Chinese teacher Wen- Ting will be joining the class as a co-educator during this time.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.. Keep warm!

Kind Regards,


Pip and Coral