Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, March 4, 2016

Angwin

Dear Families and friends,

We have had an exciting week! The children have loved our investigations in the classroom, with the hospital, a shark cave, a London bus, marble runs and even some interesting insights into how turtles lay their eggs! We have also explored having the Clipsal at our doorstep! The children loved having Austin’s aunty come and show two different cars to us. We had fun exploring them and hearing more about them from the driver and Chantelle.

Antonio: I hope the car will be my favourite colour purple!
Sebastian: It says V8. It’s for Clipsal! This one says Hot Wheels.

The children had an opportunity to look closely at the cars and then they had a turn sitting inside the chase car.

Erin: I liked going in the car and I saw lots of buttons.
Jack: I liked the colours. They were black and yellow.
Denver: Does the car have a steering wheel?
Sebastian: I don’t get into my car like that!

Then on Thursday we went for a walk up to the colourful playground to see what we could see about the real race…

Denver: The super truck’s going to come! There’s one!
Harry H: The hot wheels is there!
Poppy: I see the blue hot wheels. I can hear the race!
Wolf: I think I can see the Hot Wheels too!
Robert: I can’t see anything…
Denver: The rrrmmmmm is the super cars!
Dominic: It’s a loud race( covering his ears)
Sidney: I can see the big TV!
Poppy: Look… that’s the safety car (as we hear the sirens flash past) I saw a green one!

Our week finished with making fruit smoothies together, using a rainbow of coloured fruit. It was fun to make it together and then enjoy drinking them too!

Have a wonderful weekend! Stay cool!

Kind Regards,

Pip and Coral