Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Wilkins

Dear Wilkins friends and families,

This week we have enjoyed reading stories with Miss Karla on the mat. Our favorite is still 'We're Going On A Bear Hunt'. We have also enjoyed listening to 'The Gingerbread Man', 'Three Billy Goats Gruff' and 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'. The book is a play school book and we all find it funny that the playschool characters are dressed up!

Patrick and Yifan were very busy on Thursday creating a huge train track on the mat. Once they had finished building the children had a fabulous time playing with it.

We have begun drawing our self portraits for term 4! The children have used a black pen and used photo's of themselves to create their drawings.

Some of the comments about their portraits are;

Tommy- I doing my head. I drawing my bowl. I doing my mouf (mouth). Dats my mouf (mouth)

James- That's my lip. This is my big round head. My eyes. I've got to draw my eye. Lots of hair here. I got big legs.

We look forward to diplaying them in the class and seeing the finished products.

On Friday morning Miss Nicole let us look at and touch the petals of the roses Miss Sarah bought in from her garden. We looked at how they were different from when we first saw them.

Giuliana- Different flowers

Mikayla- They all fall out. Someone picked them out

Samual H- These are lovely petals

Please remember to return your reply slips for Nativity and also bring in your white top!
Thanks to those who have remembered

We would also like to say thanks to Miss Georgia who has helped us out in the Wilkins room whilst Miss Ellen enjoyed a lovely holiday!

Enjoy your weekend


Nicole, Sarah, Karla and Georgia