Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Mead

In the Mead Room this week we have continued our Show and Share topic of ‘How have we changed?’.

Benjamin – My mouth changed – I couldn’t talk. I didn’t have any teeth. Now I do… see?
Charlie L – I drinked milk.  I couldn’t run. I cried because I was a baby.
Spencer – I ate mashed up potato. I sleeped in a cot, now I sleep in a big bed.
Tate – I couldn’t used to walk when I was a baby and my hair was short.  Now I’m a big boy I can walk and talk and write my name….. and I have lots more teeth!
Lachlan – My toes were a bit little.  I had a nappy ‘cos I didn’t use the toilet. Now I can climb, write, play games and  ride a bike all by myself.
Kartik – I am bigger now, I used to sleep in a cot.  I sleep in a bed.
Hannah – I just had short hair. Mummy had to feed me with a spoon.  I didn’t know how to put my clothes on.  I can do that and I know how to put my shoes on.
William – I crawled, I cried, I smiled.  I had a bath in a bucket.  I’m not the same size, I’m bigger.  I run, jump, kick the footy and I climb.
Lucas – I was in Mummy’s tummy, I couldn’t walk in Mummy’s tummy.  Mummy’s tummy was fat.  Christopher was in there too! I can climb now!
James – My hair has changed, my mouth has grown.  I ate baby food – peas. Now I can go down the pole.  I can hold my head up by myself.  When I was a baby I fit into those clothes (pointing to baby photo), but I don’t fit into them now!

The children are creating incredible structures with wooden blocks, Duplo and magnetic tiles.  Engineering, problem solving, collaboration, creativity and architecture at work!

Don’t forget the Mead Room Xmas Picnic is being held Sunday November 22nd – Please RSVP to Cleo or Paola by 16th November.

Happy Birthday to Scarlet who turned 4 this week!

Happy weekend fun to you all!

Melissa and Jain