Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Mead


Dear Mead Room families,
Book Week August 16-­22, 2014

THEME: Connect To Reading

We were definitely ‘connected’ this year!  On Tuesday the ELC came together for our annual Book Week Parade in the Town Square.  So many fantastic characters from favourite books!

Clementine – I’m the little rabbit in Guess how much I love you.

Angus – I am the Cat in the Hat

Sterling – I am too – but I come from this book (holding The Cat in the Hat Comes Back)

Scarlett – I am Rascal (Paul Jennings – Rascal at the Show)

Not to mention a Princess, Cowboy, Knight, Bob the Builder, Hedgehog and Dinosaur just to name a few!  Additionally we had the amazing good fortune to have special visitors drop by during the course of Thursday 21st to share stories with us. Mead Room had Mrs Foster and JJV from the wider school community and we loved the books they brought with them – THANKYOU!

WE LOVE SHADOWS!!

The children are still very much immersed in the exploration of light.

We had noticed that when sunlight streams through our window in the morning we occasionally see the shadows of people walking past.  A few of us ventured outside and surprised the rest of our Mead Room friends by suddenly appearing at the window!  As they couldn’t see exactly who we were the children had to rely on their skills of observation to deduce whose shadow was whose!
 

Lachlan – The height was the clue! You are the tallest Mrs Prest

Scarlett – I saw the shadow of pigtails – that was Olive

Ned – I knew it was Loukas because of his hair

Annie – I saw Loukas’ hair – all curly

Doane – Oliver has short hair – I see ears shape
 
I’m glad the children observed my height as a point of difference and not my width!!

Have a brilliant weekend.
 
Melissa and Renee.