Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Cooper Room





Dear Parents and Friends of the Cooper Room,

It is hard to believe Christmas is nearly here again! We have been working hard to learn our songs and actions ready for the ELC Nativity.  We have talked about how Mary and Joseph started their own family when they had baby Jesus. There were also lots of other characters that played a special part the night Jesus was born. Next week we will begin to create our own Christmas in the Cooper room as we investigate how all our families celebrate Christmas. If your family has a special activity that is always a part of your Christmas please let us know!
This week we all started to create family mobiles to share how our family works together and explore the different roles we have in our families.

“I asked Santa for a baby and I got Isla my sister,” Oliver
“My job is to do what my mummy says to me,” Nathan
“My job is to eat my rice for Mum,” Amanda
“Mummy’s job – well she has our baby in her tummy. She cook pasta for me,” Ryan
“Alex is my big brother. He plays with his puzzles. I cuddle him on my bed,” Isabella
“I make things like stations. I try and help Mum and Dad. I like to play too,” Jasper

We wish all our families a lovely weekend!

Susan and Rosalie Nacca