Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Edgerley

Hello Edgerley friends and family!

This week has been sensational. We have had many children returning home from their holidays, and it’s been great to hear about their exciting adventures throughout places like Kangaroo Island, Malaysia, Brisbane, New Zealand, and Western Australia.

As we are sure many of you are aware, it has been a seriously warm week as we have passed the half-way point of summer. None the less, the children have been busily engaged in a variety of awesome experiences, including constructing water-ways in the sandpit, experimenting with galaxy themed playdough, going out on treasure hunts, and running wild under the sprinkler.

Here are some samples of the children’s voices while decorating biscuits on Thursday this week…

We are going to take them home - Karl
I really wanted to eat mine straight away! – Isaac S
I like the lolly that I put on, it was red – Brian
The icing felt good and cold– Ned
My lolly was red and white, and it had the biggest smell – Will A
I liked the icing, it smelt nice – James
I picked some lolly teeth. I chose them because they were the biggest lolly – Hamish
I used the red icing – Olivia
I am saving mine for my home. It will be really good - Isaac B
I like the biscuit – Alexander
Lollies! - Lucas Z
The biscuit makes me feel a little bit hungry – Samuel
The icing looks like slime – Yash
I put the lollies on, it will taste good, and the icing too - Ed

We look forward to seeing you all next week, as we wrap up our final week of the school holidays program.

Much love,

Mr Richards and Miss Jana