Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Edgerley and Angwin

Hello Edgerley and Angwin friends and family!

This week the Edgerley and Angwin classrooms have joined forces for this week of the school holiday program… And what a week it has been!

Believe or not, its officially the end of our school holiday program… Where did the time go? We hope you all had the opportunity to let your hair down and relax over the holiday period, and are just as excited as we are to kick off Term One on Monday next week.

The children in the Edgerley and Angwin classroom have had an excellent week of experiences. We have experimented with hand-made boats, constructed a monstrous volcano in the sandpit, got our hands messy in some very sparkly slime, and created some artistic masterpieces with our crayons and spray paints.

As a class, we have spent some time reflecting on the holiday period that has just past… We asked the children ‘what was your favourite thing about your holidays?’… And here are some of their responses…

I was playing with my sister, and we play with something – Alexander
I saw a statue and a lantern with Mum and Dad – Yash
I played with lots and lots of Lego - Daniel
I had lots of fun. I played with my Grandies – Samuel
I had a holiday and a camp at Tarrawong, then we had some parties with and Ma and Pa at my cousin’s house – Isaac B
I got to spend some time with my Dad at my home - Jason
I make a car with the Mobilo – Aiden
I just got to eat fish and chips and stuff like that – Nicholas
I liked just staying at my home, and playing with my Mum and Dad and brother – Hamish
I liked making with the Hama Beads… I made a rectangle with red and white – Walter.
I liked making a submarine and played with it in the blue water – Seb A
I liked it when we went to the playground – Aaron

We look forward to seeing you all next week, as our teachers arrive back from their holidays, and Term One officially begins.

Much love,

Mr Richards, Miss Jana, and Miss Connie