Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Angwin

Dear Parents and Friends,

How this week has flown! The children have enjoyed coming back to routine again and being together. It has been wonderful to have Miss Bowden back and to catch up with all the children’s holiday news!

Our show and tell this week has been most animated and exciting sharing about the holidays! It has been interesting that most have been “tell” times and the detail and responses to questions have been incredible. It just shows how far our class has come this year!

Sports Day has been a special part of the week with lots of involvement and fun. My highlight was seeing Ashlynn’s grandpa and Antonio’s little sister join in for Duck Duck Goose! Fantastic fun for everyone!
Here are some reflections of the day. This time we stretched our thinking using DeBono’s Thinking Hats..
What happened (White Hat)
Robert: We had Sports Day on Thursday and it was a sunny day!
The Good Points (Yellow Hat)
Poppy: It is all about taking part and having fun
Rosie: The parachute was fun because we went under it
Wolf: I ran with my Daddy and won the race!
William: Daddy came and we did a running race together
The Bad Points (Black Hat)
Regan: I didn’t like it at the end when Mum and Dad had to go to work.
Romesh: Sports Day had to change because the weather wasn’t good before the holidays
Matilda: On the hoppers I kept falling off
Antonio: I didn’t know where Mummy was when she took my sister to ballet.
Things that could Improve to make it better for next time (Green Hat)
Tommy: We will be able to run faster when we are bigger.
Liam: It would be even better if Mummy came as well as Daddy
Our Feelings (Red Hat)
Denver: I was happy when my Mummy watched me win the running race
Dominic: My Daddy made me go fast and it made me happy!
Charlotte: I was happy when we did the parachute and the colours ran underneath
Andreas: I felt sad because it wasn’t my day and I didn’t come.
   
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kind Regards,

Pip and Coral