Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Cooper

Dear Cooper Families,

In the Cooper Room this term we are focusing on building strong and secure relationships between both the educators and the children. When we see a child being a kind friend or helping a friend we try to capture the moment with a picture or through their dialogue and place it on the “friendship wall”.

During group times we have been discussing what makes a good friend and how do we show someone that they are our friend. These were some of the children’s responses to our initial discussions:

Zara – I love my friends

Sebastian Horvath– They don’t hit. And they talk and talk.

Ryan – They hug me.

Henry – Mummy is my friend.

Kingsley – My mummy and my friends play with me.

Nyanwell – My friends play with me.

Zara – I am best friends with Nyanwell. 

How do you show someone that you are their friend?

Nyanwell – Cheer them up

Ryan – I would show them my drawing.

Zali – I would do some painting with them. 

We will continue to focus on friendships in the Cooper room throughout the rest of this term.


Kind Regards,

Maddie and Cris