Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Angwin


Dear Angwin Parents and Friends,

We have started discussing our unit on Celebrations and today we had a wonderful chat. Surprisingly, the children focused a lot on Halloween. If you have any family celebrations that you would like to share with us, please let us know. We are looking forward to celebrating our Graduation and the Nativity later this term!

Here’s some of our thoughts so far-

Harry P- Celebrate means something like where you wear special clothes and you celebrate about something and when you celebrate you’ll need lots of goodies foods.

Patrick- Celebrating Christmas. So sometimes we go to somebody else house but sometimes it at our house.

Oliver- Celebrating Halloween. You have to get treats and you give it to other people and you have to knock on the door and say happy Halloween and give the treats.

Max P- I was watching the tv show last night and the dragon flies eat trying to get some food and it was a big gruffalo and it ate it when they started to die.

Patrick- Um, do you know what I’m doing on Halloween? Trick or treating. It’s the thing him was talking about. You knock on the door and you have a bucket and then give you some lollies.

Jarrah- When I’m trick or treating this time, my dad’s going to be the house zombie, but most of the time when its Halloween people never come to my house.

Archie- Beware means take care of yourself on Halloween. I’ve got a bell that rings and a sign that says take care when you press the button.

Max- Once when daddy, and you gotta, when its very busy at Halloween you gotta stay together.

Harry P- you need to bring lights when you’re going on Halloween because you only go out and look for treats at night time.

Archie- My brother’s birthday is on Halloween. It’s nine days away.

Jarrah- When I trick or treat I don’t go when it’s night time. I go when it’s golden hour. It’s the time of day when everything’s a bit golden. My dad thinks he may know a plan when maybe people come to my house my dad will go rargh! And they might throw their lollies away and my dad might collect them. My dad is so silly.

Patrick- Do you know what trick or treating suit I’m wearing?  A ninja one and I’m going to visit everyone’s house.

Harry P- Some treats are outside.

Spencer- At Christmas Father Christmas sometimes every year at my house santa leaves some bells from the reindeers neck and put it in my front garden.

Lily- Last year Easter Bunny left the top of a carrot in my garden.

Oliver- I celebrate a different way in Greece. You have to get easter eggs and red balls and you have to try and crack the eggs and the last one is the winner.

Patrick- I only celebrate easter and Christmas and Halloween.

Agoth- I just make a present for easter if you would like one.

Max P- I only celebrate easter and Christmas.

Archie- I celebrate Halloween because my brother’s birthday is on Halloween.

Spencer- I celebrate Christmas, easter and Halloween and even my birthday.

Patrick- Do you want to know how everybody to celebrate birthdays?
Everybody in the whole world celebrate their birthday. Only poor people don’t.

Oliver- Different countries like in the desert they don’t have Christmas or easter or Halloweens.

Patrick- So everybody and poor people don’t celebrate those.

Oliver- Poor people don’t celebrate because they don’t have any money. They don’t have food and they don’t have homes so they can’t.

Archie- You celebrate Jesus.

Harry L- Happy birthday to you!

Oliver- Or you could just get a little cake or a muffin for your birthday.

We are looking forward to more dance and yoga sessions this week! We will also be having library this Tuesday.

Thanks,

Angwin Team