Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Chapple Room














Dear Chapple Room Parents and Friends,
We are continuing our exploration into our Noiseworks unit of inquiry and making many new and exciting discoveries. We have made our own noisemakers, listened to sounds in a game of sound bingo, identified the noises from the construction site next door and explored various sounds during our music lessons. We have painted pictures of things that make sounds and noises for the big display board. Here are some of our comments from these pictures.
I drawed a person. A person sings ‘La, la, la’. It’s sad singing. It’s still making a noise, but it’s sad singing. Samuel
I’m doing a dog. Woof! Boats make sounds. Seb
That’s a little baby. Waaaa. This is the daddy and that’s the mum. I’m doing the grandma and grandpa. They talk. A baby goes waaaa. James W
This is my dog. It’s a toy dog and it goes ‘woof, woof’ when you press the button. Does it go like this when it’s unhappy? Grrrrr…..Now I’m going to do a person walking the dog. It goes, ‘hhhhhh’, that’s laughing. Monsters make a sound, they go ‘roar!’. Leonardo
I’m doing spots on my violin. I like spots. Hugo
I’m going to do a violin like Hugo’s. I don’t know what sound it makes….. Umm. I think I’ll do a drum. Do you know I’m making this for Zachhy. He’ll like it because I’m doing a tractor on it. They go ‘brmm, brmm’. Ethan
The noise of the fire from the chimney makes a ‘chuff, chuff, chuff’. I drew a house. Susannah
I drawed people. They make noises, all kinds of noises. They usually talk and some people do magic. Leroy
I’m drawing a person whistling. Eden
I’m making a sky and a person whistling and grass that is green. The sky is just going ‘whoooo’. The grass says ‘swshshsh’. Izabella
It’s a car, vrmm,vrmm. And it has a horn because some people don’t know when to move. It goes ‘beep, beep, beep’. James S
I did a dog that goes ‘woof’. The cat is chasing the dog going ‘meow, meow, meow’ and the dog is going ‘woof, woof’. Asterios
These wheels make a squeaky noise. It’s a catcher. It catches bad people. James W
I’m doing a monkey. ‘Ooooo,aaaaaa’. Seb M
If you bounce a ball it makes a sound. ‘Boom, boom, boom.’ Abhi
I’m making a purple carrot because if you bite it, it makes a crunchy sound. Markis
My dog barks a hundred times. Amaia
Friday will be my last day in Chapple Room. Thank you for all your support throughout the year. I will miss all the children and families a lot! It has been a fantastic year and I look forward to hearing about the success and growth of all the children over the next six months. Miss Giorgio and Miss Veltmeyer will do an amazing job and the children will love them both! The Chapple Room children are a wonderful group and I know that Miss Giorgio will soon love them all too. Have a wonderful end to the year. I will be bringing the baby in to meet all the children it’s been listening to over the last eight months and can’t wait to come back for the Nativity Concert and Graduation at the end of the year.
Thank you,

Chapple Room Team