Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Colour Run


What an amazing end to our inquiry topic of Conversations in Colour! The joy of the children’s faces says so much about how much they loved it. It was so much more than this, as afterwards the children explained why they had had so much fun.

“ I feel great, I have never done anything like that before!”

“I never did it last year because I felt scared. This year I thought I would try and now I know how it feels – I love it!”

It was so great to see so many children being risk-takers, a disposition that really helps their long term resilience.

Thank you to the parents for providing white t-shirts, it really added to the occasion. As one child said, “ I didn’t know about the Colour Run, Mum is going to be so surprised about my white top!"
 
Regards
 
ELC Team