Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Mattingley

Dear Mattingley families and friends,
We have had another action packed week this week investigating and exploring 'Marvellous machines'. The children have been very busy at the woodwork table creating some wonderful machines. For some children the skills needed to hammer the nails into the wood have been a bit tricky, however they have persevered, working hard to learn many skills needed to create with the hammers and nails. 

I'm hammering the wood- Wolf

I've done this at home- Aksel

I'm trying to make something. It a bit tricky. I make a helicopter- Sidney

I want to make a helicopter. I need one pop stick. Then I use the hammer- Annabel

Mine is a helicopter too. this bit goes on top then it spins around- Harrison

It go bang bang! it very loud- Dominic

We also had lots of fun celebrating Robert's birthday with him on Wednesday. He bought in some very yummy birthday cakes to share with all his friends. 

"It my birthday. I turn three. We eat the cake. Yummy!" 

We love celebrating birthdays in the Mattingley classroom. The next few months are going to be very busy with lots of our friends turning 4. If you would like to bring in a cake to share with the class for your child's birthday please feel free. We just ask that you make sure that it is nut free, please also list the ingredients.

Next weeks show and tell topic is: A machine that I use in my bedroom (i.e. clock, radio, torch)

We hope you all have a wonderful weekend,
Kimberley and Coral