Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Edgerley

Dear Edgerley Families and Friends,
This week the Edgerley children have been exploring a variety of machines in our School community. On Tuesday the children visited the big year 8 boys at EduKart which is a unique Year 8 hands-on, made for boys program, which connects curriculum to a real life context through the building, testing and racing of an electric powered go-kart.
“I liked seeing they have batteries and a motor” Oliver shared.
“There was electricity in them” Andrei explained.
“I liked tooting the horn” David said.
“I liked seeing the wheels turn” Oscar shared.
On Friday the children visited the maintenance workshop. They enjoyed watching machines in action, and were particularly interested in the grinder.
“I saw the grinder and it twisted round and round and it spins faster and faster” Regan explained
“I learnt that you can’t touch the fire from the grinder ‘coz it’s really hot” warned Johnny.
“I had to put my ear plugs in my ear because there was so much noise” Ollie said.
“I loved the drill, it drills holes and rollie stuff came out” Varish described.
Enjoy your weekend!
Emma, Emma and Ty