Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Edgerley


Dear Parents and Friends,

We have been loving our investigations into Chinese New Year. The children have heard stories in Chinese about the dragon who the people are trying to scare away by dancing and using loud music. On Thursday we welcomed some of the instruments whilst they made the lion dance. Then we enjoyed a special Chinese lunch together.

We have been working to set up a Chinese restaurant in our room, deciding what we need and how we will set it up together. The children have made signs and are going to work on some menus and price boards. We are decorating this space with a spectacular dragon and some lovely bright lanterns.

Together with our Year 3 buddies we have made our own lion puppets using collage materials.

Some of the children have recorded some of their reflections about our week..

James Mc D: We saw a lion and I helped paint my own dragon.

Archie: The big boys were inside a big lion and it scared us!

Knox: When I made my lion my buddy cut out the teeth and stuck them on.

Nathan: Miss Sue made us fried rice which is Chinese food.

Toby: I brought my Chinese lion in from home.

Campbell B: When I played the drum for the lion dance I loved it. The big boys dressed up.

Jack Mc K: I liked seeing the lion. I liked eating the special lunch.

Kind Regards,

Emma, Pip, Ty and Rosalie