Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Edgerley Room




Dear Edgerley Parents and Friends,

We’re almost there (sniff, sniff). We look forward to celebrating the Edgerley children’s Graduation with you on Thursday at 11am in the Town Square. We have had a lovely week reflecting on our time in the ELC and looking forward to our time at school. Show and Tell has been very exciting as we’ve shared school hats, lunch boxes, backpacks, pencil cases and sports house t-shirts. It seems like we’ve all enjoyed visiting our new schools and meeting our new class mates.

The Thursday children happily talked about school life and what they’re looking forward to:

Caleb: Cause I like reading the Jack and the Beanstalk book
Isaac: I like to get some favourite friends that go to my different Kindy
Sebi: I like to play with the trains there
Archie: I love playing in tha farm area
Bailey: I like playing with all the toys and I like my new teacher and it’s Ms Fahey
Bruno: I like playing in the playground and playing chasey. You get to have a sausage roll and apple and biscuits
Isaac: I really like my teacher because I get to go to my sister’s school. My classroom, I get to see Miss Tucker
Caleb: I like playing in the hardware shop too. You need to bring your lunchbox – with brain food and lunch and the afternoon tea
Jacob: You have to take a special t-shirt. You stay in your team from PAC but the t-shirt has a dragon on the shirt
Max: I like playing with the train tracks
Alec: My new classroom is quite high to all the other classrooms. It’s got a dinosaur museum with bones in them
Mrs Baird: How are you feeling about going to school?
Sebi: Good
Caleb: Exciting
Isaac: Bouncing up and down
Alec: It’s exciting and good
Bailey: Good
Mrs Baird: What are you going to miss about the ELC?
Sebi: Painting
Alec: You and Mrs Rocca
Isaac: Miss nothing
Caleb: I will miss you and Mrs Rocca
Bailey: I’ll miss all my teachers
Bruno: I like playing the swings so I’ll miss them, the ELC ones

Thank you to the parents who joined us on our Number Hunt on Monday – we couldn’t believe how many numbers there were in the street – let alone at Bunnings!

We wish you all the very best Edgerley! Parents, we hope to get the chance to speak with you at the Graduation, but we would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a wonderful group of parents with a bunch of gorgeous children – we will miss you all! Don’t forget to come back and visit us!

(The Friday children have really been enjoying sharing the first story in Enid Blyton's The Circus Collection together, Unfortunately we will not be able to finish before the children move to Reception. They have been enjoying it so much it seems a shame that they will miss out on the ending, if your child is interested perhaps you would like to keep reading the story with them.)

Love Ms Giorgio, Mrs Rocca and Mrs Baird