Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Langley

Well, just like that, we’ve reached the end of Term 4! Time sure does fly when you’re having fun, and boy oh boy do we have lots of fun at school!

To finish up our Unit of Inquiry for this year, we asked the children to reflect on their baby photos to see if they could notice the changes that had happened to their bodies. Here is what some had to say:
Paxton – That me, because it colour. I play on the grass. I small baby and me cry. I play with baby toys.
Chloe – Um, I’m going to sleep and I played the guitar. Mumma wrapped me up, she swaddled me and she put me on a horse and the horse wouldn’t move. I wear dresses and just play outside. I said “Ma, ma ma” and I said “Da, da, da”. My feet weren’t bigger.  
Sam – That’s my mum and dad. That is my picture that is very special to me. I have changed, I changed into my pyjamas. There was snow last year when I was a baby.

On Wednesday, Miss Georgia spotted something in the leaves of the orange tree.
Ashton asked, “What is it?”
Miss Georgia explained it was a Praying Mantis and gave the children a closer look. It was very hard to see when it was in the tree; the Mantis was the same colour as the leaves!
Billy – On da (that) plant. Dimbing (climbing) up and down. It reen (green).

Try and stay cool this weekend!
Renee, Brooke, Emily and Sarah J