Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Cooper Room






Dear Parents and Friends of the Cooper room,

It has been another busy week in the Cooper Room, especially with Miss Bowden being away on holiday. The children have continued to be interested in birthday celebration and created many cakes, pancakes and treats with the playdough. We have also continue to test out our amazing cutting skills. This week we folded pieces of paper and then cut through all the layers to create amazing , magical patterns. Some children thought they could even create masks! Kristian bought in an egg to grow in a bowl of water. We are all eagerly awaiting the surprise when the creature pops out! What will it be?
All children have started to work on their self portraits and tell us about their favourite activities. Our portrait gallery will be open soon.

"In my picture I'm not happy. I have curly hair. My feet are hard to draw. I love playing and making things with play dough."  Hugo Sanders
"I love to paint at Kindy. I am good at painting. I am drawing a happy face for me. I have curly hair - my hair's not long but my Dad's is long." Liam

Kind regards
Susan, Rosalie and Emma (Relief staff)