Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Edgerley Room




Dear Edgerley Parents,
This week in Edgerley we have enjoyed having Mrs. Bishop for one last week. We have been talking about what we think her baby will be.  Together we have made a graph and our guess is that the baby will be a boy.  The children have also begun to think about traditions, particularly in relation to birthdays.  We discussed what we always do at birthdays;
“Birthday cakes” Cooper
“I had my birthday at the gymnastics gym and I had a huge Elmo cake” Caleb
“Presents” Sophie
“Friends come over” Athan
“Sing Happy Birthday” Olivia
I would like to thank you all for your warm welcome to the Edgerley class.  I am enjoying getting to know the children and I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the term with such a great group.

Juliana and Coney


Dear Edgerley Parents,
I would like to take a quick opportunity to thank you for all your support during the term, and well wishes as I leave to go on maternity leave. I would also like to thank Coney Rocca and Pip Cooper for being such a great team. I am thrilled that Ms Juliana Giorgio is replacing me as the Edgerley Room teacher and from my time working with her previously I know that the children will have fun packed, noisy, wonderful days with her…just the way they like it!!  Although Mrs Cooper has moved to the Mead Room it makes leaving the children so much easier knowing that they will be in the exceptional hands of Mrs Rocca, with whom Pip and I have both enjoyed working with so much. She is a very exceptional educator, just right for an exceptional group of children !
I wish all the children the best of luck as they continue on their respective educational journeys .I hope that I might see some of your familiar faces upon my return in a year’s time.
Kind regards and warm thoughts
Mel