Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, April 6, 2018

Chapple


The highlight of the week has undoubtedly been Grandies. It was so lovely to see the children and grandparents show such genuine affection for each other. The children were so keen to share their ELC life. 
The children shared some of their favourite things about the Grandies.

Joshua: I like them picking me up and cooking me dinner.
Tommy: I like kissing them.
Hamish: They are my best friends.
Isla: I love to cuddle them.
Zara: I love to play games and read stories with them.
Leonardo: I love to play with them.
Christian: I love having sleep overs at their house.

We have started to introduce some older games for the children. The board games are a great way to re enforce counting skills, turn taking and winning and losing.

We have planted some more seeds as we went to get some more lovely greens for our chickens to eat. Hopefully they will grow before the weather gets and colder.

In PE we had great fun playing tennis and working on our balancing skills.

Our numeracy activity this week was a game of one more, where the children were given a number and then had to say it was the number one more than it. 

Chapple Room