Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, April 6, 2018

Angwin


Dear Parents and Friends,

We have had a special week preparing for our Grandies Day on Wednesday! What a wonderful morning it was! The sun was shining and the Grandies were in their element as the children showed them around the ELC, sang sweetly and loved their time together.
Grandies enrich our lives in so many ways.

The children have been reflecting upon what they like to do with their Grandies…

Emma: I like reading books with them and playing hide and seek
Billy: I like going to the beach with them
Alannah: I like doing the dishes with my grandparents. They also play with me and hug me.
James: I love it when Yia Yia cooks me yummy food. I love when Papou help me play games.
Lola: I like going in Grandma’s spa pool.
Kaeshav: I love visiting my Grandparents in Singapore.
Ethan: My Grandma likes cooking me food.
Sarina: My Nanny gives me chocolate. Sometimes Yia Yia cooks me breakfast.
Hridhaan: I enjoy go-karting with my Grandparents and eating Hungry Jacks.

Being a short week we have been continuing our investigations into feelings and observing the Monarch caterpillars as they progress through their lifecycles… awaiting the moment that one of the chrysalis’ hatches into a butterfly! 

Our bakery has been a hive of activity with many, many hot cross buns and Easter biscuits being made! Sorting and number work has been another key interest which we will continue to explore over the weeks to come.

We hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Pip and Liana