Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Langley Room






Dear Langley Family and Friends,

This week we have continued exploring the concept of sustainability by using recycled materials to create new pieces of artwork – come and have a look at our growing gallery of masterpieces!
A owl. There is a owl. Got big nose- Knox
I making a fish. I making a rainbow- Tommy
I making something. I make elephant. You like it?- Zander
It’s a box. I sprinkle some things on it. It’s a fing (thing). It a cage for dad- Harry F
It’s a circle. I use stinky tape. I write my name- Patrick
A gokidile- Angus RR

Thank you to all the families who have brought in their family photos. We have been using these to talk to the children about who is in their family and have then been creating our own family portraits – we can’t wait to share them with you when they are finished. While creating our portraits we have been talking about our families.
Harry, H for Harry. Bernie, my not got sandals. Me draw Mummy, that’s Mummy. Dat’s a big Daddy, Daddy got legs, Daddy go to work, Daddy silly – Bernie
I know Harry,     Mummy and Daddy, Charlie, Zo Zo, dat Digby – Harry CH
Mummy, dat Daddy, yeah, Sophie – Angus T    
Daddy, Mummy, dis Gabby - Rachel

Best wishes,

Jess, Kerry, Nicole, Sarah and Emily