Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Langley Room





We have been focussing on the different features of our bodies this week, examining them in the full length mirror before drawing them on photographs of our faces. We have also been measuring how tall we are and tracing around our bodies on large pieces of paper ready to add features to next week. While we have been engaged in these experiences we have been talking about our bodies and sharing what we know with our peers.
It’s Toby. My wegs (legs) and my hair – Toby N
Legs, hands. It’s a leg. Dat’s me – Alex D
My weg (leg) first. There’s my shoe, now other one. Now arms and hands. My other arm. My body’s got fruit. There’s food in my body. Mine’s got a bwoken (broken) leg – Alec
Arms, fingers, more fingers, legs, shoes. I’m doing my body. Look at me – Domenic
That Harry. I doing Harry. Arms – Harrison
Jamesy. There’s a body. The ears – James
I’m drawing legs and arms and a tummy. I need leg. I need back. I got long hair – Abby
It’s me. I want my body. My body under. That my body. My head and my body - Nathan

Best wishes,
Jess, Nicole, Amelia and Ange