Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Langley Room



Dear Langley Family and Friends,

Continuing on with our investigations about who we are and how we are similar and different to other people, we have been creating clay representations of our faces. We have been examining our features in the mirror and then using collage materials to add features to our clay faces. The children have been discussing their different facial features as they explore and create;
Yes, me, eye – Alexander D
They my eyes – Bernie
I hammer in eyes – Clementine
I do my eyes – Jack
I’ve got hair. I gonna put on ears. I just gave it a little titch – Angus
That’s my eyes. That’s my ears. That’s my hair – Millie
My head is round. My eyes are blue not black. Dey got black bits in it – Thomas M

We have been practicing hard for our Nativity performance next Thursday 15th November and look forward to sharing this special day with you. Please make sure you have brought in some denim shorts, pants or skirt for the performance.

Best wishes,
Jess, Kerry, Nicole and Ange