Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Cooper Room




In Cooper this week we set out a threading activity but it turned out the children were more interested in the hole punches we used to make the threading holes! The children experimented with strips of paper and different shaped hole punches until they found which way around to hold them and how much pressure to apply.
"Watch me, it did this, it clickeded like this, then it makes holes. Watch me again... See I made holes in it. I wanna keep using this all day!" exclaimed Spencer as he mastered the hole punch.
"I'm making a hole" said Harry P.
"I clicked it and breaked it in half, I press it it then I put it like that" explained Ammar.
"Press it really hard" directed Pauline.
It was exciting to see the children practising their fine motor skills and working with great concentration as they worked out how to use this technology - we hadn't guessed that such simple tools would create such a big response!
Kind regards,
Ali and Coral