Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mead Room




Dear Mead Parents,

Over the last week we have been investigating different sorts of animal homes. Following a particular interest in the book "Owl Babies" by Martin Waddell, the children have been discussing bird homes and have been enthusiastic to make their own bird nests. They have worked with clay and clay tools, and added feathers, twigs and other special treasures they collected in the garden to add support or comfort to their nests.

"I put feathers to make it (the nest) soft. Then they will have a little home. I think they will be very happy" Gwen
"I'm making a house made of clay" - Izabella
"I hammer my house to make it get fixed" - Eden
"I'm making a nest. Now I'm rolling" - Molly
"I can make lots of eggs. They can be real ones" - Jacob
"A birdie has a nest. They have bun eggs. It's an emus nest" - William
"We need sticks for our nest, birds sticks" - Raphael

Please come in and have a look at our special bird homes we have created.
Best wishes,
Emma, Susan, Cristina and Heidi