Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Mead Room




Dear Mead Room Friends,
This week we have really begun to explore colour. The children have been bringing in RED items to share for Show and Tell, a lobster, yummy red tomatoes and even red undies! We have explored mixing colours with red to see how they change, sorted shapes into colour piles, and looked through different coloured water to see the world in a new colour. The children are beginning to recognise colours in all sorts of places - even on their shoes, clothes and Miss C's lips! Many children have expressed a preference for a favourite colour and others just love them all. Let's talk about COLOUR
“Red is a colour. I like red” said Eden
“I like green. Green is a colour.” added Oscar
“I like green too!” said Andre
“But green is my favourite colour!” said Oscar
“There is light and dark green.” suggested Susannah
“Pink is my favourite colour. I love pink.” said Molly smiling
“I think orange is a colour too.” suggested Andre
“What about brown.? We can see brown.” said James W
“Purple too.” yelled Gwen showing us her purple clip from her hair
“I can see blue too. Blue is in the sky.” said James pointing outside
“Oh look there is silver on my shoes. Silver is a colour too!” said Susannah showing us the silver flowers on her shoes.
“I have black on my shoes. Black!” added Gwen “Mrs Lock you have black shoes too.”
“White is a colour. There is lots of white.” said Molly

Kind regards
Emma, Susan, Cristina and Heidi