Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Second Holiday Week












Sock puppet creations!
What started as a humble sock soon became a creation!
Joshua approached Lily and held up his puppet, Lily held up her puppet in response. ‘Let’s be friends,’ said Joshua.
Ajeet: I made a humpty dumpty. I put some hair on it.
Ashraf: My puppet is a bird. I put googly eyes on it, a blue nose and I put a tongue. The mouth was already on.
Ryan: I made a wolf. I chose to make a wolf ‘cos I like wolves.
Oliver K: Mine is a little mouse puppet, he sniffs around the whole place. I put googly eyes and a blue nose and also a teeth and a tongue.


Nursery Rhyme day

On Thursday and Friday the ELC had a Nursery Rhyme day. Children came dressed in their favourite nursery character. We had Jack and Jill, Twinkle Little Star, Incy Wincy Spider and many more! Thank you parents for going to all your effort with the fantastic costumes. Children also brought in their nursery rhyme stories. We all spent these two days focusing on nursery rhymes, singing and reading many stories - particularly the stories and rhymes that depicted the costumes the children wore.

Cheers
ELC Staff