Princes ELC

PRINCE ALFRED COLLEGE EARLY LEARNING CENTRE

An environment designed to foster creativity, provoke questions, provide challenges and celebrate the achievements of young children. We foster the development of integrity, curiosity, confidence, compassion and Christian principles.We encourage relationships of shared responsibility and mutual respect. We believe in fun and the joy and importance of childhood. We ensure an environment filled with a sense of humour, love of play and exploration, and a sense of community.

Friday, July 1, 2011

News From Lao Shi

Dear ELC parents,
Lao Shi has arrived safe and sound in Beijing and is enjoying her course. Below is a snippet of the e-mail she sent us.

Ni hao Everyone,
Greetings from Beijing where it is hot, humid and smoggy. I am enjoying feeling warm none the less after the cold of Adelaide…I walked through a great market yesterday and when I saw all the fruit, I of course thought of the ELC kids. There is xigua and xiangjiao everywhere. I felt like buying a bunch of bananas just because they were so cheap! Cherries are also in season. They also were selling dragon fruit, longgan and lychee (and cherry tomatoes in the fruit section)
I had my favourite breakfast of beancurd milk, with deep fried dough sticks and some egg and chives crepe. I am missing my Cibo latte but am close to the university where there is a coffee shop so may try that later…

She wished the graduating Edgerley boys all the best and will miss them a lot. We look forward to her return
Mel